PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: This position is responsible for sorting and pulling out fruit (apples) that do not meet quality standards, as well as, packing the fruit into multiple varieties of shook.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this position. Borton & Sons, Inc. may augment duties, including essential functions, at its discretion.
• Sort through the fruit on a conveyor belt and pulling out defected fruit that do not meet quality standards to a bucket, cull shoot or a downgrade conveyor belt.
• Prepare boxes that fruit will be packed into with its appropriate material prior to packing, such as protective padding, cardboard dividers and any other shook material.
• Place PLU stickers on the fruit, as needed.
• Pack fruit into a pre-assembled tray/euro box, clams, loose/pouch bags, RPC’s and any other shook material in an assembly line.
• Weigh clams and bags of fruit on a scale and ensure they are the appropriate weights per the packing instructions.
• Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained.
• Keep area clean and orderly in accordance with Safe Quality Food (SQF) standards and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
• Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
• Adhere to all company and safety policies and procedures.
• Attend meetings and trainings as required.
• Other duties as identified or assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks.
• Ability to understand how to read a weight scale.
• Ability to work in varied warehouse/manufacturing environments with variable temperatures.
• Ability to communicate via written, verbal, and face-to-face.
• Knowledge of fruit varieties, sizes, and grades.
• Experience in fruit industry warehouse procedures preferred.
• Reliable, dedicated, and committed.
• Demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset.
• Team player where honest communication, a positive attitude, engagement, and personal accountability is expected.
• English/Spanish bilingual preferred.
• Work a minimum of 40 hours per week with some overtime as needed.
• Evening/weekend work may be required.
• High School Diploma or GED preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This position requires frequent periods of standing, walking, lifting up to 45 lbs., pulling/pushing objects up to 25 lbs., climbing stairs, grasping, bending, and reaching.
Borton & Sons, Inc. is a 12‐month, two‐shift facility which can require occasional and seasonal overtime and added stress at times.
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this job with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the department/division to accommodate the limitations.
Borton & Sons, Inc. is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law.
Posted on September 30, 2022
2550 Borton Road
Yakima, WA 98903